How you feed your baby is a personal choice and as your health visitors we are here to support you and your baby with whatever feeding choices you make. Our health visiting teams are trained in infant feeding and we are there to answer your questions and help with infant feeding at all stages.
There is a lot of information out there about breast and bottle feeding and it can seem confusing. We have found a selection of helpful resources that can support you and your baby whatever feeding choices you make.
You can also contact our health visiting team if you have any questions or concerns about feeding your baby when they arrive.
For details of your local services please see our infant feeding resource page
- NHS and UNICEF - Breastfeeding and expressing
- Global health media films on all aspects of breastfeeding (available in different languages)
- UNICEF - Maximising breastmilk
- UNICEF - Positioning & attachment
- UNICEF - Ineffective attachment
- UNICEF - Hand expression films
- UNICEF - Infant formula and responsive bottle feeding
- UNICEF - Breastfeeding & bottle feeding guides in other languages
- IHV - How to help is your baby has Reflux
- First Steps Nutrition - Eating well in the first year
- NHS - Weaning leaflet - Growing, laughing, sitting, teething
- CLCH - Introduction to solid foods leaflet
Complete your CLCH Infant Feeding Assessment form here.
Download your CLCH Responsive feeding resources here: