Barnet, Harrow and Hounslow Immunisation Service
The CLCH School-aged Immunisation Team currently delivers three universal vaccination programmes in three London Boroughs – Barnet, Harrow & Hounslow. These programmes are commissioned by NHS England, so we do not routinely provide vaccines outside of the list provided.
School vaccination programmes include: Flu (Primary + Secondary), HPV (Human Papilloma Virus – Year 8) and DTP/MenACWY (Diptheria/Tetanus/Polio + MeningitisACWY – Year 9).
Currently, there is also an MMR / Polio catch up campaign in progress as well. Please contact us if you have any queries around childhood vaccinations, as we can provide information and direct you to other providers as and when required.
Each team liaises with schools in their borough, to arrange school vaccination sessions and offers out-of-school catch up clinic appointments for those students that either missed a school session or were unable to submit an e-consent form before the school session in one of the three boroughs. Your child is provided this service in the borough that they attend school, so if you have any questions, please direct them to this borough even if you live in a different borough.
In Barnet and Harrow, there is also a baby BCG service for children under one year. BCG vaccination is no longer routine, so you need a referral either from the hospital where baby was born or your health visitor or GP. We are not able to accept self-referral.
What are the three Universal vaccinations commissioned by NHS England?
Flu: offered in schools from September – December each year:
- Nasal Flu spray - Fluenz Tetra vaccine – given in school (note: traces of porcingelatine); or
- Inactivated Flu given via intramuscular injection – Fluarix Tetra vaccine – given outside of school in a catch up clinic.
HPV: offered in schools from January – April each year:
- Human Papilloma Virus given via intramuscular injection – Gardasil9 vaccine – a 1 dose programme since September 2023.
DTP/MenACWY: Two vaccines given together in Year 9:
- Diptheria/Tetanus/Polio (DTP) teenage booster, given via intramuscular injection - Revaxis vaccine (dose 5 since birth)
- Meningitis ACWY (one dose only), given via intramuscular injection – Nimenrix vaccine (protects against A, C, W & Y strains of meningitis)
Location and opening hours:
Hours of business are 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
Contact details for the three teams are:
**Please note: You will need to contact the borough where your child attends school, even if you live outside of that borough
Barnet team contact:
Address: Mill Hill clinic, Hartley Avenue, Mill Hill NW7 2HX
Harrow team contact:
Address: The Alexandra Health Centre, 275 Alexandra Avenue, Harrow HA2 9DX
Phone: 020 8102 6333 / 07814 253 095
*For BCG enquiries in Barnet or Harrow, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hounslow team contact:
Address: Heston Health Centre, 25 Cranford Lane, Hounslow TW5 9ER
Phone: 020 3691 1013